Saturday, June 21, 2008

Change over

Today is the day of some significant change overs in the house. The housemate that I like left today. In fact, there was a little party for his students last night that I went to. No, I didn't meet anyone but I am trying. I keep forcing myself to do things a bit outside my comfort zone and as one would assume, it's not comfortable. Anyway, the resident artist I was sharing a studio with also moved out today. Another new resident replaced her and I will be sharing a studio with the new girl from Chicago. She seems perfectly nice. Here's a bit of a twist though. We also have another group of students from Chicago coming in today. Well, she is dating one of the their instructors who is also staying in the house. They say they didn't plan it but that seems strange. Our house is now filled to capacity, 3 from Chicago (2 men, 1 woman), 1 woman from Finland, and two from MN including me. For a girl used to living alone, this is very different.
I hope you will all find this funny after my Aran Islands experience. I rented another bike! This time for the remainder of the two weeks here. I just felt I needed a little more independence and sometimes I need to be able to get to the computer lab on the weekends so I can feel like I have a connection with people I care about. I have already promised myself that I will not bike for more than an hour at a time and hopefully I will be OK. It's been raining here all day and I will be riding the bike back to the house but I think I will be dryer than if I walked. I am sure I will have many chances to test this theory.

5 comments:

Julz said...

Hey Jo! Congrats on "hiring" another bike! You will have a little bum of steel soon! We'll have to fix your bike up so that you can ride all over St.Cloud when you get back!
I just got off the phone with Bridget and I left her phone numbers on your facebook inbox. BTW her cell # is a 701 #. I would have sent the numbers to your e-mail, however, I can't find your e-mail address. :-( She is upset she missed your call, but I told her you'd probably call again once you got the correct numbers.
Hopefully the weather clears up and you can go on a nice bikeride! Keep taking great pics---they are amazing!!! You are definately gifted! Keep showing all of us your wonderful talent. We all appreciate it so much!
Love ya,
Julz

Maria said...

A little transportation independence goes a long way, I'm sure. Congrats on "hiring" a bike for the last leg of your stay in Ireland.
It's strange that you have a turnover with the people there--you'd think everyone would be on the same time schedule, but I guess not. Hope the new people are nice and you find some commonalities with them.
Are you looking forward to the second part of your trip--the travel? I wish I could join you for that part--that would be great!
Weather's been great around here--80 degrees and sunny. New news around here is that Eli has his first tooth popping in, so he's been a bit crabby. But it's exciting that he's obviously getting bigger and changing so much.
We miss you! Keep posting! We love it!

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Hey Jo!
I'm thinking of you and hoping the past few days have gone well.
Sending you lots of love...
:)

Julz said...

Hey Jo! I hope you found stuff to do this weekend. We ended up going to the R.R.V. Fair in Fargo. Ended up getting sunburned. Now I know what you go through every summer. I'm peeling and everything! The girls had a blast. They actually rode the "big kid" rides this year. Scary for mom, fun for kids. I put a few pics on my facebook page and I'll try to get a few on my blog. Can't wait to hear from you again soon!
Love ya,
Julz

Jackee said...

Hey Jo-
So I promise I'm not avoiding your calls. I'm bummed that I didn't get to talk to you. It's a little wild at the Haak house these days...it's hard to know which way is up or even what day it is. I hope to catch the next call. Later gator