Monday, July 7, 2008

My birthday- and Julie's too

Yep, as you all remembered. Today is my birthday. I spent the day in Bath, Stonehenge and then a short stop in Westminster (the town). I wasn't kidding when I said all I want was people to tell me where to go, when and all that. Taking the tour (once I was able to find the bus) was nice. I have good pics but don't think I can post them in the hotel here. The owners are from India and we are having a difficult time communicating with eachother. I bought a calling card but I can't use it from my room I guess. They told me just to call from there desk but the connection is crap and it is really strange to talk on the phone at the desk, facing the desk attendant as people walk in so I am not sure how much I will do that.

Tomorrow, well, I think I may ending up having to tackle the tube situation. I can't lie, I am terrified of it. It seems like I can make some really bad choices and end up in places I am unaware of. I know several of you thought it was amazing but I am still scared. Wish me well.

9 comments:

CRAZY SD said...

Happy Birthday Jo!! I'm so proud of you and you're so inspiring to me right now.

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday, Jo!

Emerson, Brockton and Marquette Hare said...

Happy Birthday! Did you have time to see the British Museum??

Julz said...

I MISS YOU JO!!!! ;-( HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Maria said...

Best wishes in the tube!

paige3520 said...

Here is what Sue told me when we went on the tube--the trains are usually called whatever their END destination is. Hope the tip helps, even though it is a little late! I'm going to be checking my Trafalgar Square sloth cam all day today to see if I can see you--what color shirt will you be wearing? :) I've already checked it once today and I can see it is sunny with some clouds. Stand with your back to the National Gallery and wave--I'll be checking!!

paige3520 said...

WAIT! I think I just saw you. . . .have you shaved your head, and gotten a tatoo on your chest?

Jackee said...

Hey Jo-
I hope you had a smashing birthday. Here's what I learned on the Tube in London. It seems the norm to take a bottle of wine on the tube at night and just ride around, turning it into one big party. So even if you're lost, you are bound to find a good time along the way.

Unknown said...

Hey Jo-
Paige has a good tip-- and remember the trains run many ways. If you find yourself somewhere you don't want to be you can always just go back the other direction. I was nervous about riding the subway in DC and once I told myself that I was better. Good luck in the Tube. The worst thing I saw down there was a guy sitting next to a wall drinking and then I saw some puke. Other than that it was pretty safe.