Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Bloody Hell

I just threw that in for good measure. Today, I was on the original sightseeing tour of London. You all would have laughed if you would have been there. I dedided that since I have no idea where anything is or how things work, that I was just going to ride it around once and then make my stops. Well, the tour guide came up to me at the end and asked if there was anything wrong. Did I mention I was the ONLY one on the bus! I told her what I was doing but she still thought I was nuts. I also didn't realize how early things close in this city. I might not have rode the bus for so long had I realized that. Oh well, I did get to see the Tate modern museum, I was in the National Gallery for only a short time before they were turning off all the lights on us, and I took a cruise on the river. Not a bad day but I didn't see everything I wanted. The buses were really slow because the Queen was having a garden party. I waited for 45 minutes for one bus that I am certain never did come so I walked to another stop.

Tomorrow, I have a tour of Westminster Abby and then I have the afternoon free. I hope it goes well but have given myself complete permission to ride the tube all day if I need to- especially if there is a party as Jackee mentioned.

4 comments:

Jackee said...

hope you find the party! When i was in London, we ended up running into a drunk couple that were transplants from Minnesota!..it was an interesting ride.

Julz said...

Sounds like London is treating you better than Dublin. I am happy for you. Hang in there. You are on the last leg of your trip. :-)

Unknown said...

Its good to hear you sounding better! I'm glad you had a better day. Speaking of the Queen-- did you get to hear the story yet about why they now have barbed wire around her palace? I guess someone was able to climb the wall and managed to get all the way into her bedroom. Our tour guide told us that story when I was there last time. I wonder if you will hear the same thing? Crazy story. Anyways, I'm going back to washing windows.=) Hope you are having a fun day!

paige3520 said...

I absolutely loved London--I'm going to spend the morning looking through my picts and thinking about you. Have a great day!!!!