Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Last day abroad

Today was the last day I had as a tourist. I walked a ton today. I went to an outdoor museum, a nordic museum, and the vasa museum. I actually had plans to make it to one more museum that had all the pippy longstocking stuff but frankly, my feet couldn't take it anymore. It was a lovely day. Ironically, I have had the warmest and sunniest weather here in Sweden than the rest of my trip. I am slightly sunburnt but I think it may actually turn into a nice farmers tan.

Tonight/this morning, a taxi will be coming to pick me up from Sarah's. I think this is the best choice since I would be completely lost if left alone to use the subway and catch a train here in Sweden. I was able to do it when it was in English but I won't lie to myself- it just won't happen here. Sarah even had to order my food for me tonight. If anyone is planning on coming to Sweden, most people do speak English but I recomend getting yourself a 'Sarah' to guide you and point you in the right direction because the signs are not in English all the time. Anyway, tomorrow is a long day of travel but my bed lies at the end of the journey and I can hear it calling my name. Yes. You are right, that is loud. Not only can I hear it across the ocean but I can also hear it over the Iron Maiden Concert that is playing very near Sarah's.

3 comments:

Haus said...

Hope this finds you well at home and enjoying your house again! We look forward to seeing you at home!

Maria said...

Congrats on making it to the end of your journey! I can't wait to see you! Safe travels!

Unknown said...

Have a safe trip home! You will be here before you know it! I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about your travels!
See you soon
Heather