Monday, July 14, 2008

I made it to Sweden!

Yep. I did it. I am officially in Sweden. At least that is what I am told. I can't read the language so it is based on trust- well, that and the fact that Sarah was at the airport to pick me up. I am so grateful for that. I would still be in the airport if it wasn't for her. She brought me to her condo and she had cake to celebrate my birthday as well as a book for me(in Engligh) that is very popular in Sweden. Talk about sweet. Tomorrow I am going to be venturing out on my own which is a little scary. She will get off of work around four and then we will go out with 6 of her friends and then to see Mama Mia the movie. I am really excited about that. Right now, I am happy to be able to relax a little. I think tomorrow will be a big day for me.
Can't wait to see you all soon. Oh, Mom or Julie, do you know if Mrs. Woodstrom's second book has been published yet?

9 comments:

Jackee said...

I know I'm not Mom or Julie but I'm pretty sure I remember Mom mentioning that her second book was published. I can't remember the title though...I"ll work on it:)

Julz said...

I didn't even know that Annalee was writing a 2nd book. I'm all anxious to read it though. I'll have to Google her and see what I can find or maybe I'll just call her. We'll see what I have time for. I am sooo excited you are at Sarah's now. I bet living conditions are much improved!!! Too bad you couldn't have spent a larger part of your trip at Sarah's condo. I hope you have fun eating out with her and her friends tomorrow. :-) See you soon!!! Yeah!!!

Julz said...

So I just got off the phone with Frau Woodstrom and she is as sweet as ever!!! She did write a follow-up book it is called "Empty Chairs." You can go onto her website which is anneleewoodstrom.com and she has info about both books and about her. If anyone wants her book she has that info on her website. Also, she will be signing books at the Woman's Showcase here in Fargo in October.

paige3520 said...

Yea! Sweden!!! Can't wait to see the picts! Have a great trip home!

Unknown said...

Wow-- you made it. Have fun tomorrow!
I can't wait to see the pictures too. We have to meet for lunch and you can share.

CRAZY SD said...

Oh Swe-ee-den Oh Swe-ee-den...How lovely are your tulips. (My stab at the national anthem:)) Yeah for you. I'm gonna have to come and visit you when you're back so I can see all your stuff from your trip. You rock Jo!

Jan L. said...

You made it! See you when you get back. Will Mama Mia be in English or in subtitles? Either way, Colin Firth is yummy.

Jo said...

Mama Mia was in English with Swedish subtitles. It was highly entertaining and I would recomend it to anyone looking for an uplifting movie. If my feet weren't so tired, I would have to cut a rug. I am sure Sarah is thankful that I am not.

hellokittycar said...

Travel safe home! Can't wait to see you! Myko can't wait to meet you!