Monday, July 16, 2012

Lookout below. . . at Quarry Park

I am a little embarrassed to admit this but here I am telling whoever is reading this. I have lived in St. Cloud for 10 years and I had never been to Quarry Park. I have heard about it. It has always sounded like fun but truth be told, I didn't know where it was and apparently did not feel the need to look into it until recently. Well, I am glad that I did! It is so great and it is only $14 for a year round parking pass. I talked two great gals, Maria and Amber, into coming with me.
Maria and Amber had been there before but it was many years and I would say a completely new experience for us all. We picked up a map and started walking. I wasn't sure what we would find but the walk was enjoyable.
Maria claimed that she had been swimming here and so we were all ready but I don't think I was quite prepared for what I saw. I imagined something less grand than this. I guess I was also thinking that there would be a graceful way to get in but no. We just had to jump in. It was great! Maria was the bravest of the three of us today. She opted to jump from one of the greater cliffs while Amber and I cheered her on. I am vowing to myself to get the courage before the end of the summer. Did you catch that? I am going back and taking quests:)

No comments: